Brevard County Bar Association Appellate Advocacy Series
-November and December 2017-
Elizabeth Siano Harris presented a three-part series on Appellate Advocacy for the Brevard County Bar Association. Mrs. Harris lead lawyers attending the continuing education series in an in depth look at the applicable standards of review employed by the appellate courts when considering cases on appeal.
Seminole County Bar Association Nutshell Series
Appellate Tools for Trial Lawyers
Elizabeth Siano Harris presented a seminar to members of the Seminole County Bar Association focused on preserving the trial record for appeal. Mrs. Harris guided lawyers through how and when to properly object so as to ensure that the issue is fully presented and adequately preserved for appellate review.
Florida Bar Association Continuing Legal Educations presentations
- Avoiding Common Errors that Kill Your Appeal
- Understanding Standards of Review in Developing Trial Strategy
- Appellate Tools for Your Trial Toolbox
- Appellate Advocacy: What trial lawyers need to know
- Avoiding Common Appellate Errors
- Basics of Appellate Practice